This release is a beta test version, not an official release.
Use it only if you would like to experiment with the new features and improvements. There is a very small chance of the new features and improvements not working properly. If that happens, please report any issue to us.
1. Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. For players with firmware version 42-0329 or earlier, please install the UDP20X-45-0605 firmware first. You will then be able to upgrade from version 45-0605 to the latest version, 46-0622.
Warning: Although a firmware upgrade is an easy and usually trouble-free process, it is important to ensure that the power supply to the player is stable, and the upgrade process is not interrupted. A failed firmware upgrade can render the player unusable.
This release is for the OPPO UDP-203/205 Blu-ray Disc Player
Release date: August 27th, 2017.
Category: BETA RELEASE
BETA VERSION: UDP20XAU-50-0817B - DOWNLOAD HERE
Comparing to the previous official release version UDP20XAU-46-0622, the major changes included in this version are:
- Added the HDR 10 support for the HDMI in specs. A HDMI In Specs setting is also added to set the specifications and compatibility for the HDMI In port.
- Added a Gapless Playback setting in Setup Menu, this allows the user to set the gapless playback mode for music files.
- Added three Aspect Ratio modes - 21:9 Movable, 21:9 Fixed and 21:9 Cropped for 21:9 screen users.
- Improved the compatibility with Seagate hard drives.
- General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.
All features of the previous firmware are also included in this version.
Checking Your Current Firmware Version
To check the firmware version installed on your player, please go to the Setup Menu and select "Device Setup -> Firmware Information"
How to Get the Firmware Upgrade:
1. USB Thumb Drive - Use your computer and a USB thumb drive.
Warning: Although firmware upgrade is an easy and usually trouble-free process, it is important to ensure that the power supply to the player is stable, and the upgrade process is not interrupted. A failed firmware upgrade can render the player unusable.
Firmware Upgrade via a USB Thumb Drive
- Click here to download the ZIP file for firmware version: UDP20XAU-50-0817B.
- You will need to extract the .zip file to create the UDP20X.bin file
- Insert a USB thumb drive to the computer that stores the downloaded UDP20X.bin file. (The USB drive must be in FAT or FAT32 format, not NTFS. If you are not sure, just use a new USB drive that is 2GB or smaller since small drives are usually factory-formatted in FAT/FAT32.) Verify that the BIN file is in the root/main directory of the USB drive, not contained within any other folder. Ensure the file name and size are the same as shown below:
- Remove the USB drive from the computer.
- Turn on your TV display and the OPPO player. Eject the disc tray from the OPPO player and remove any disc. Make sure that there is no other USB drive connected to the player.
- Insert the USB drive containing the firmware file to a USB port on the player's front or back panel.
- The player usually can recognise the firmware file and prompt you for firmware upgrade. In case the player does not prompt you, press the SETUP button on the remote control to enter the setup menu. Select Device Setup, Firmware Upgrade, and then Via USB.
- Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade process. Use the remote control to respond to on-screen prompts. Do not use the front panel buttons because the front panel buttons will stop working during the upgrade process.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN OFF THE PLAYER, UNPLUG THE POWER, OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS OTHER THAN NECESSARY TO RESPOND TO THE ON-SCREEN PROMPT DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.
- In order to complete the firmware upgrade process, the player will turn off automatically. Unplug the USB drive after the player turns itself off.
- Turn on the player again. It is optional but recommended to reset the player settings by selecting "Reset Factory Defaults" in the "Setup Menu" -> "Device Setup".
- Check the new firmware version by going to the setup menu, and then selecting Device Setup - Firmware Information. If you notice that the firmware versions displayed do not match the versions listed in this release note, please contact us to obtain the firmware files that are missing from a previous update.
- Enter your customised settings as necessary.
- Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade. Erase or discard the firmware file so you do not accidentally install the firmware again.