Install the BDP-105AU Driver
1. Download the driver here: http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP105/OPPO-USB-AUDIO-2.0-DRIVER(WINDOWS).zip
2. Extract the OPPO-USB-AUDIO-2.0-DRIVER (WINDOWS) directory from the ZIP archive to your desktop.
3. Connect the BDP-105AU to your computer using a USB-A to USB-B type cable.
4. Run the Setup.exe application found within the extracted folder.
5. Click Yes when prompted to continue by Windows' User Access Control.
6. Follow the installation process. The default installation path is recommended.
7. Select Install this driver software anyway if prompted to do so by Windows Security. You may be prompted to do this multiple times.
8. Verify that the installation was successful by going to Control Panel / Sound.
9. Highlight OPPO USB Audio Device 1.0 Audio and click Set Default.
Installing and Configuring Foobar2000
Note: Foobar2000 is available for Windows only, and WASAPI output is not available with Windows XP.
1. Download and install Foobar2000 here: http://www.foobar2000.org/download
2. Download and install the Foobar2000 WASAPI plug-in here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi (click the "Download" link under "Links") and save the file to your Desktop.
3. Open Foobar2000's Preferences menu by clicking File / Preferences.
4. In the Preferences window, select Components on the left.
5. Select Install... and point the application to the file you saved to your desktop.
6. After installing the plug-in, you will need to configure Foobar2000 to use the WASAPI component for audio playback by navigating to Output under the Playback menu option.
7. With the BDP-105's driver and the WASAPI plug-in properly installed with a USB-A to USB-B cable connecting your computer and the BDP-105AU, you should see a number of different options in the Output settings under Device.
8. You will want to select a WASAPI output option that corresponds to the OPPO player; it should say something similar to OPPO USB Audio Device 1.0 Audio. You may choose either WASAPI (event) or WASAPI (push).
Mac OS X
There is no need to install a driver in order to get the BDP-105AU to work properly with Mac OS X, and configuring the operating system to output audio to the BDP-105 is relatively simple.
1. From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences.
2. Select Sound within System Preferences.
3. Select OPPO USB Audio Device from the list of output devices.
4. Audio will now be directed from your internal speakers to the BDP-105AU's USB DAC.
5. Alternatively, you can hold down the Option button on the keyboard and select the Volume icon on Mac OS X's menu bar in order to quickly change between sound output devices.
Note: Some media applications have their own output preferences, so if you are using a program such as Decibel or Pure Music, you may need to change the output device for that particular application. For example: