By default, the multichannel analogue outputs are set to a multichannel 7.1 configuration, which means that there is one discrete channel allocated per speaker. If you only have a 2-channel stereo speaker configuration, you will need to change the player's Downmix Mode to Stereo in the Speaker Configuration setup menu.
- From the Setup Menu, select Audio Processing.
- Select Speaker Configuration.
- Press the Left Arrow button three times so that Downmix Mode is selected.
- Change the Downmix Mode to Stereo (default is 7.1).
- At this point, dialogue audio that was previously being directed to the centre channel (which doesn't exist in a stereo configuration) is now mixed into the left and right speakers.